Sunday, June 20, 2010

Best Job Title

While my search for a job has continued far longer than I would have hoped or expected, I was reminded on this Father's Day that I do have the best job title I could ever dream of....Dad to Cassidy and Carter.  This morning I was awakened with Carter in my face telling me he got up on his own and that he was a "big boy"...he certainly is.  Jenny and the kids brought me my gifts in bed and then we had delicious coffee cake for breakfast.  It was a wonderful relaxing day.

I have learned a lot about my self as a person, a job hunter and especially a dad with all of the time I have spent with the kids over the past six months.  I was reminded today how lucky I am to have the job that I do.  While rocking Carter at bedtime tonight I told Carter that I was so happy that I was his Daddy, to which he replied that "I am so glad that you are my Daddy."  He made my day.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's hard not to have a salaried job, but your post is spot on -- tiny bosses are the best :) C&C won't forget your devoted attention during these months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post (made me tear up)...I know it's been hard, but Andy and Jenni said it best...these days will be remembered fondly by Cassidy and Carter always. There will always be jobs out there somewhere when the time is right, but the little ones will only be young once.

    ReplyDelete