Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful

We have so much to be thankful for.  We all do...but as we celebrated Carter's first Thanksgiving with us, I couldn't help but be especially thankful this year.  I even stopped to give thanks for what had to be a heartwrenching decision by his birth mother 2 1/2 years ago.  I am thankful she was strong enough to risk her own safety for that of Carter's and his future.
On a lighter note, we enjoyed a wonderful thanksgiving meal with Jenny's family on Thursday at her cousin's house in Cincinnati.  It was a great meal and the kids all had a great time playing together.
Saturday was the celebration for my side of the family.  Carter has had a fever and a bad cough, so Jenny stayed home with him, while Cassidy and I went to the meal.  It was more great food and fellowship with family.  We really do have so much to be thankful for.

BSS





Cassidy with her cousins, Lindsay and Kendall






Carter with cousin, Audrey


Carter and Cassidy coloring

No comments:

Post a Comment