Sunday, February 13, 2011

Outnumbered

After college I moved to Atlanta in part because I don't like winter.  I came back to Ohio because I missed my family...not because I missed winter.  What did I do?  I married a man who loves winter, especially when conditions are right for skiing. So I shouldn't be surprised that both kids have a similar love for winter.  
We celebrated "Family Day"  (the anniversary of bringing Carter home) by skiing at Snow Trails.  This was Cassidy's second time skiing and Carter's first.  Our niece, Crystol, joined us to help the kids as I am only qualified to be the photographer.  Within moments of getting her skis on, Cassidy was traipsing around as if she had been doing this for years.  After a few words from Crystol, she was coming down the bunny hill just holding Crystol's hand.  By the end of the night, she was skiing down the hill all by herself!  She even skied backwards, not intentionally, however.   A natural indeed!  Carter had a little more trouble finding his "ski legs".  But he did amazingly well for his first time.  Both were ready to go back up the hill and do it again!!  
JBS



Video of Cassidy doing her "trick" skiing by herself.  Listen at end how proud she is of herself.


Video of Carter finishing his run on his rump

No comments:

Post a Comment