Thursday, October 14, 2010

Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

This week Cassidy had a preschool field trip to a pumpkin patch.  The weather was perfect and Carter and I enjoyed accompanying her on this adventure.  Upon meeting her teachers and classmates there, we were joined by many more schools with many buses there.  Even with all of the kids, it was well organized and allowed for all of the kids to have fun.  We started with a long hay ride that went well into the woods and around a pond and fields.  The kids loved it!  Then we looked at some huge piles of pumpkins before moving onto a short "class" experience in a barn sitting on straw bales. The kids then got to see and pet some animals.  Cass fed a goat and when I handed Carter a few kernels of corn I had found, he proceeded to put them in his own mouth.  I quickly advised him that was for the animals.  Next it was on to the maze where the kids got to stop along the way and pick out Indian corn, gourds and small pumpkins.   The kids had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. aww, these are some of my favorite pictures yet. what a cool fieldtrip!

    ReplyDelete